Life shifts and changes and it seems like there is always something going on and priorities may lose their scale. One of my friends saw the Warren Buffett 5-step process for prioritizing and I thought it might be worth looking at to see what success might look like in this new life. I've included some information in case you want to give it a go too.
I'm looking at creating some new dreams, or perhaps just acting on the ones that are currently out there not being acted upon. Yes, I too am trapped in the"not doing a thing" mode when I look at all the things I want to do.
Let's start with attaining dreams.
- Know what you want.
- Learn the skills / tools that will get you there.
- Focus (really focus) to combine the first two.
- Know what you want - List your Top 25 things you want to do in the next few years or in your lifetime. Jot down anything that comes to mind as being important to you that isn’t currently a part of your life. (Have you started writing? I'll wait, grab a paper and pen...)
- Pick your Top 5 - Look over your list and circle the top 5 that are most important to you. This may be hard since everything on the list is probably important to you.
- Make a plan for your Top 5 - how are you going to get started working on these and what is the plan to make it come together?
- Focus on the Top 5 - Everything not circled should be avoided at all costs until you have succeeded with your Top 5.
- Know your "Avoid" list - This is the time to focus on the Top 5, any other part of the list is a distraction and needs to be avoided like the plague.
Focus performing Hocus Pocus