What is You Marketing? It is marketing that focuses on the users perspective.
Why are we talking about it on here today? I found notes from a recent gig as Marketing Director -- that, however, is a story for a different day.
When you are using You Marketing, be sure to concentrate on what benefits them. Figure out what the benefits are and how they apply to your customer's life. It is your job to help your customer put themselves into the storyline.
Now for a real eye opener (or at least it will be for some folks reading this) EVERY sentence needs to be about the reader. You'll be able to start practicing this by starting every sentence with the word "YOU" and see what happens. This is really important for your brochures and websites.
What should you include in your mini-media You Marketing program?
- Marketing Plan
- Marketing Calendar
- Business cards
- Personal letters
- Telephone marketing (could be e-mail marketing too, depends on your business)
- Controversial / timely content. Talk about current hot topics.
- Lists - easy to read and offer real life examples.
- Unique insights on topics.
- Useful resources and tools for your readers.
- Contest posts let your customers give input and have a chance to win something.
Me versus You
- People don't care about you
- People care a lot about themselves
- Think in terms of giving, not taking
- Start all sentences with "You" and NOT "We" or "Me"
Thanks for stopping past, let me know how I can help you.